1. Click on the File tab and choose Options. This will open the Excel Options dialog box
2. Click Customize Ribbon on the left side of the dialog box
3. Under Choose commands from on the left side of the dialog box, select Popular Commands
4. Under Customize the ribbon on the right side of the dialog box, select Main tabs
5. Search for the Developer and click the check box
6. click Ok. Now you will be able to see the below developer tab activated in Excel Menu
There are many features the developer tab is useful for the excel macro developer user. Developer tab helps us with below listed features:
- View excel VBA editor on click of Visual Basic button
- View the available macros using Macros button|
- Record a new macro, in case you are planning to automate a repetitive task
- Macro security, to secure your VBA macros and modules for unauthorized edit or view
- Add new Add-ins, in order to achieve specific tasks. You can read a separate post on this website on What are Add-ins in Excel ?
- Insert form controls or ActiveX controls within Excel sheets
Thank you for reading. Happy Learning !